The site was created as a study aid for those individuals who are wishing to, or due to study pre-hospital care as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), and for staff already in the service to refresh their knowledge.
In some parts of the country, Emergency Care Support Workers (ECSW's) have taken on part of the role a Technician used to perform in the modern UK ambulance service. It is hoped these new members of staff will be able to make use of the site to prepare for their training.
Looking for information?
Ambulance Technician Study has -
- Sections on Systems, Conditions affecting these systems, and a Procedures section that will cover information not specific to one of the other headings
- Section specific information, i.e. Cardiovascular System and the Respiratory System
- If you're looking for something but can't find it, use the search box located on every page within ambulancetechnicianstudy.co.uk
- From cell production through tissue growth and organs onto complete body systems
- The systems covered are:
- The conditions that exist which cause these systems to have a reduced function or even fail
- Management of these conditions when the system goes 'wrong'
Cardiac & ECG's
- Normal Sinus Rhythm? Ventricular Fibrillation? First Degree AV Block? Don't know what these are? Check out the cardiac section for explanations and how to recognise them
- Although not specifically covered by the technician course syllabus some services do conduct their own cardiac and ECG training, so why not read this section and give yourself a head start.
If you have any comments about ATS's content or any other aspect of the site, then please let me know via the Feedback link at the top of the page.
In conjunction with Amazon, ambulancetechnicianstudy.co.uk is able to provide recommendations on books to purchase in our online bookstore. Click on the STORE tab at the top of the page to see what is on offer.
This site is not in any way connected with, or endorsed by the official course providers. Disclaimer