Hi, welcome to ambulancetechnicianstudy.co.uk. My name is Shane, I'm currently a Paramedic with an NHS ambulance trust on the South Coast of England.
Before joining the ambulance service on a technician training course, I spent numerous hours searching on the internet for information which related to the daunting task ahead. This, I was hoping, would give me an insight into the type of material taught to UK emergency medical technicians (EMT's). The searches were futile as very little FREE information is available. It was this that gave me the idea to produce a site for those who are due to study pre-hospital care and for staff already in the field to use as a study aid.
With guidance and advice from a social media firm in Brighton, Nixon Mcinnes, the first edition of Ambulance Technician Study(ATS) went 'Live' in June 2004. Since that date ATS has grown to what it is now with visitors from ALL over the world who have seen ATS as a valuable educational resource
Careers in the UK Ambulance Service
I receive lots of questions from people interested in joining the ambulance service. Each trust has it's own recruitment criteria and as such I'm not able to answer all the questions you may have. I suggest you visit the Links page for a list of all UK ambulance trusts. These sites usually have a 'contact us' page where you can ask any recruitment related questions you may have.
Since Ambulance Technician Study has been 'live' I have received feedback from people who have used the site. I appreciate knowing peoples thoughts about this learning resource, so if you have something to say, drop me an email using the feedback link.
- Danny wrote:
- Im currently serving in the Royal Air Force as a Medic and about to complete my IHCD Tech course, this website is great for refreshing knowledge and learning things i will need to know to pass the course! Very good website!
- Richard wrote:
- What a fabulous site you have created, well done! I often direct my colleagues to this site when they are looking to get on or progress on A&E rather than buying expensive and outdated books
- Cliff wrote:
- I have been in NWAS (MRAS) for over 20 years, I was a technician, then due to injury went into control (!). I am now going back on the road, 4 years later, as an EMT1. Your website is superb and I have recommended it to all my fellow students on the course. Many thanks,
- Katie wrote:
- I am a first year student on a Paramedic Practice Diploma and have found it quite difficult getting practice related information specific to our role, then I came across your website!! Its fantastic, up to date and well written! Thank you thank you thank you!
- Kelly wrote:
- I am a paramedic in the US and have found your web site by chance. I am going to tell as many people as I can about this and let them know how great it is to have a resource like this!!!!! This has helped our EMS in more ways than I can say. Thank you for such a great tool.
- Ursula wrote:
- Thank you for a wonderful site, I am a basic life support
medic in South Africa about to begin my intermediate life support
training and your site has been a fantastic study aid. Thank you very
much for all your hard work
- Thank you for a wonderful site, I am a basic life support medic in South Africa about to begin my intermediate life support training and your site has been a fantastic study aid. Thank you very much for all your hard work
- Julie wrote:
- Hi, just a short note to say how great your site is and how it got me through my 9 week theory course for my role as A+E Clinical student otherwise known as student paramedic. Thank you for your time
- Stuart Wrote:
- Thank you for designing such a fantastic website. I am a tech working for a private ambulance service. The information that you have provided has helped me revise and refresh my memory. Once again thank you!
- Kate Wrote:
- Excellent Site! Very informative!
- Luke Wrote:
- I'm a final year student. I wish I'd come across your site sooner! It's helped me tremendously, so thank you.
I try and personally reply to each and everyone of you that give feedback, good or bad. So thanks to everyone who has taken the time to comment about Ambulance Technician Study.